10 benefits you need to know about Geothermal Water.
You are probably wondering what is the difference between a spa and geothermal spa. The healing powers of minerals present in the hot springs have been since ancient times, reaching out as far as 4500 BC Mesopotamia. Greek and then Romans, however, made geothermal spas part of their natural treatment options for various common ailments. Geothermal waters reduce muscular pain, increase circulation, therefore, blood flow and oxygen within the body, they speed up metabolism, detoxify through perspiration and nowadays provide an added benefit – a digital detox, as we of our devices.
- Geothermal treatments are widely used post-cancer chemotherapy to combat dryness, itchy skin, nourishing and hydrating the skin.
- Geothermal spas have been shown to improve circulation. Increased circulation of blood flow helps oxygen and nutrients to go through your blood vessels to your body cells quickly and keeps them nourished, alive and healthy. One of the major function of minerals is to release energy within our cells.
- The geothermal waters have a beneficial effect on your increased metabolism. Your body eliminates waste easier and faster and better, leaving you light, healthy and toxin-free.
- Essential minerals are minerals that your body cannot synthesize or produce, but your body needs them to function correctly. For you to get them into your body, you have to be intentional about consuming foods that contain those minerals, and your gut needs to work well. Another way to absorb minerals is by soaking in geothermal spas for a considerable amount of time. Sitting in or swimming in the water and letting these minerals permeate your skin is relaxing, rejuvenating and contribute to your overall well-being. The minerals include Sulphate, Calcium, Chloride, Sodium, Magnesium, Silica, Iron, Boron, Phosphorus, Saline water and many more.
- Geothermal spas help you de-stress. A small 2018 study from Kyoto University (Japan) observed snow monkeys from the Nagano region famous for soaking in natural hot springs. They found that these monkeys’ stress hormones declined significantly during and after a bath. As with the ancient Greeks, the researchers seemed to have observed some social aspect to thermal bathing among monkeys: the superior monkeys stayed longer in the pools.
- Geothermal waters promote good nights sleep. Your oxytocin levels increase, your dopamine levels rise, making you feel more relaxed.
- Soaking in geothermal spas for a considerable length of time helps you lose weight. A study from Loughborough University (UK) 2017 showed that passive heat improves health. A hot bath for about an hour burned as many calories as a half-hour walk. It also led to positive changes in inflammatory response quite similar to those who exercise.
- Geothermal waters are kind to the skin and slow down skin ageing, help sufferers of eczemas, psoriasis, atopic and seborrheic dermatitis as the minerals present help out the skin to heal due to high content of silica, zink, sulphur. These conditions are treated by geothermal spas mainly with mud- balneotherapy treatments, sometimes also with the support of treatments based on drinking thermal water, ozonised balneotherapy and hydro-massage.
- Geothermal water treatments and saline waters help sufferers of the upper respiratory tract. Most conditions aﬀecting the upper (nose, ear, pharynx, larynx) and lower (trachea, bronchi and lungs) airways can be treated through inhalations, nebulisation, nasal washes, helping you to kick start your immune system.
- There are many more. People who suffer from pain, arthritis, depression and insomnia have reported significant improvements after visiting geothermal spas. What are you waiting for, book your next holiday destination for all family and benefit from the Power of Minerals, Healing Spas of Europe.
If you liked this post, please share and spread the word. You can also read up more in my book that is due to come out on 20 March 2020. You can pre-order here and now to get a 20 % discount prior to release.
You can also get in touch with me and I can help you to build your perfect spa plan or holiday.